What are the improvments of the 2013 UN32F6300 over the 2012 UN32ES6500?
I am interested in purchasing either of these TV's for my 44 ft Searay sportyacht and I am looking for discriminators between the two besides cost and CMR of 480 vs 240. I do not need 3D capability. A few questions:
1. Is the 6300 essentially the same TV as the 6500 without 3D and lower CMR?
2. Why did Samsung eliminate the 3D capability and lower the CMR of the 2013 model 6300?
3. What improvements have been incorporated in the 6300 over the 6500?
4. CNET gave the 6500 a less than steller rating and critiqued the picture as having substandard black levels and uniformity issues. Has this been addressed in the improved 2013 6300?
Can anyone help with these questions?
1. No, the panels have improved this year, and so has the Interface for the new and improved Smart TV 2.0 for the F6300 model. Additionally, there is a web browser and an extra (4 total) HDMI input as well as a Dual Core processor powering the F6300 that isn't on the ES6500 for last year's model.
2. Both the ES 6500 and the F6300 have 240CMR. The F6300 doesn't have 3D because for 2013, products with 3D start at the F6400 and up models. In 2012, the F6500 and up models had 3D, and that was a step up feature for that higher class.
3. See #1 - we've made significant improvements to our televisions this year, and are excited about the new lineup. Of course, if 3D is a determining factor, you may want to consider the EH6500, too. Both are great televisions, but it's up to you which features are most important for your needs.
4. Every reviewer is entitled to their own opinion, and we respect C|Net's review process. We can't comment on how they came to their conclusions. What we can say is that when displayed in the stores or in homes (and perhaps yachts!), the picture looks great. If you're unhappy with what you receive with black levels and uniformity issues, work with your retailer to get something that satisfies you.
Thanks for the opportunity to address your questions, and we hope you found this helpful.
2 weeks, 3 days ago