How do you set up the Smart Care for your Samsung Washer and Dryer on you Smartphone?
Thank you for contacting Samsung. Here are some instructions on how to do that:
1. Press and hold the Small Load Care™ (DV42H5400*) or Sound (DV42H5200*, DV42H5000*) button for 3
seconds when an error occurs or if you haven’t pressed any buttons on the dryer after you turned the power
2. When the Smart Care function is activated, the LED on the window display rotates for 2 or 3 seconds and then
the error code will appear in the display panel.
3. Run the Smart Care app on your smart phone.
The Smart Care function has been optimized for: Galaxy & iPhone series (cannot be supported for
4. If the smart phone’s camera is focused on the display panel of the dryer, the panel and error message is
automatically recognized and the error type and countermeasures are displayed on the smart phone.
5. If the smartphone fails to recognize the error code more than twice, please enter the error code displayed on
the display panel of the dryer manually into the Smart Care app.
Downloading the Smart Care app
Download the Samsung Laundry App into your mobile phone from the Android market or Apple App store.
(Search word : Samsung Smart Washer/Dryer)
Precautions when using Smart Care
• If light from a light bulb, fluorescent bulb, or lamp is reflected on the display panel of the washing machine,
the smartphone may not be able to recognize the panel or error message easily.
• If you hold the smartphone at too large an angle relative to the front of the display panel, it may not be able
to recognize the error code. For best results, hold the smartphone so that the front of the panel and the
smartphone are parallel or nearly parallel.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can assist you further. Thank you for being a Samsung customer!
The Samsung Online Support Team