Thank you for your inquiry.
Apparently, we do not have any available software or drivers that you would need for you to connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab (SCH-I800) to the computer.
If you are going to transfer media files from your SCH-I800 tablet to the computer, you may do mass storage so you could transfer them to the computer.
For you to connect the tablet to the computer, it would require you to have the memory card inside the tablet and a data cable that is part of your standard box contents, once you already have the requirements, and then do the following:
If the microSD memory card came from another tablet and you could not saved any files on it. Try to format the microSD memory card using your tablet so that the tablet will recognize the microSD memory card inserted in it.
To format a memory card:
1. Select the Applications Tab.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select SD Card & Storage.
4. Select Unmount SD Card.
5. Select Format SD Card.
6. Select Tap Format SD Card.
7. Choose Erase Everything.
When the format process is complete, the 'Format SD Card' option will grey out.
Note: Formatting the microSD memory card will delete all information saved on your memory card. I will suggest backing up first your files saved on the microSD memory card.
Mass Storage Settings
1. Select Menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select USB Settings
4. Check the box besides Mass Storage.
5. Press the Home Key to return to the home screen.
Tip: Make sure that the Bluetooth is deactivated on the tablet.
Connecting to the computer:
1. Ensure that a microSD memory card with content is loaded into the device's memory card slot.
2. Connect one end of the supported data cable into the device's USB port and the other end into an available USB port on the computer.
3. "USB Connected" will show briefly in the Notification Bar followed by a USB icon.
4. Tap and hold the Notification Bar and pull it down by sliding your finger down the screen.
5. Tap on USB Connected and then select Mount.
6. If prompted on the PC, select "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer" from the Removable Disk pop-up.
7. If not prompted as in step 6, on the PC open My Computer and select the Removable Disk drive letter that was assigned to the device.
Note: It is now possible to drag and drop (copy & paste) music files between the device and the PC. It is recommended that separate folders for different media types be created on the memory card for better organization.
If the notification does not show up on the tablet or on the computer, try to turn off you tablet or connect the USB cable to another USB port on your computer.
Should you desire additional assistance resolving this, we invite you to call Samsung Customer Support by phone at our toll free number 1-888-987-4357, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, Central Standard Time.
We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.
2 years, 5 months ago